|Quelle:||Nr. 4, 4. Jahrgang|
Estoril/Portugal, 20 - 23 June 1996
The 16th annual meeting of the International Association for Impact Assessment, IAIA '96, will take place 20-23 June, 1996 at the Centro Escolar Turistico e Hoteleiro, Estoril, Portugal.
The conference theme is "Improving EA (Environmental Assessment) Effectiveness: Research, practice, and training". Three main objectives drive the preparation of the 1996 meeting:
(1) To contribute to the improvement of EA effectiveness internationally;
(2) To identify strategies for the future of impact assessment in international and regional context;
(3) To discuss future actions that will ensure cost-effectiveness in EA in practice in Europe and other regions.
Five main subthemes provide the building blocks for the IAIA '96 programme agenda:
New Developments in EA
- Strategic Environmental Assessment
- Application of Sustainability Concepts
- Cumulative Impacts
Strengthening the EA Process
- Scoping the EA
- Significance of Impacts
- Reviewing EAs
- Relationship of EA to Decision-Making in Government
- EAs of Large-Scale Projects
- Public Involvement
- Role of NGOs
EA Capacity Building
- Training, Research and Institution-building
EA in International Relations
- Transboundary EA
- EA in Development Assistance
EA in Business and Industry Decision-Making
- Role of EA in Business and Industry
- Needs and Opportunities of Corporate Practitioners in EA
- Corporate Environmental Management Systems & ISO 14000 Linkage to EA
- Technology Assessment.
Save with early registration!
There are substantial savings for participants who register early. All meeting registration fees must be paid in US. Early-bird registrations received by 31 December 1995 are $350 for members, $400 for nonmembers. Regular registrations received by 31 March 1996 are $400 or $450. Late and onsite registrations will be $500 and $550. For further information, get in touch with the IAIA executive office (address below).
IAIA Executive Office
Institute for Business & Industry
North Dakota State University
P.O. Box 5256
Fargo, ND 58105-5256, USA
Tel.: + 1-701-231-1006
E-mail: rhamm∂ndsuext nodak edu